20 May Magnificent Mimosas! 5 Yummy Mimosa Recipes To Transform Brunch
Mimosas are a staple at brunch, created to celebrate those fabulous occasions when we sleep in and then gather to share our most leisurely weekend pleasures. Fruity, fizzy and fabulous, everyone enjoys a cool late-morning cocktail to pair up with delicious selections, so here are some additions to your entertaining cookbook that will surely wow your guests. Enjoy (and send me your thoughts) on these great 5 yummy mimosa recipes to transform brunch:
1. Basil, Peach and Olive Oil Mimosas
What do you get when you mix a bit of olive oil, peach balsamic and some champagne? An unexpected blend of fruity, refreshing goodness. This Basil, Peach and Olive Oil Mimosa puts a new spin on this oldie but goodie, that’s a perfect blend of bubbly and fresh. Here’s the recipe:
4 oz Champagne
1/2 oz White Peach Balsamic
1/2 oz Basil Olive Oil
Pour into a champagne flute and enjoy!
2. Paloma Mimosas (Via CrumbKitchen)
A modern mix of two classic drinks fused together to create the paloma mimosas’ fruity explosion of grapefruit, lime and champagne.
6 tbsp. tequila
6 tbsp. pulp-free ruby red grapefruit juice, refrigerated
3 tbsp. lime juice, refrigerated*
3 tbsp. grenadine, refrigerated
½ bottle champagne or prosecco
Grapefruit and lime slices, to garnish
1. In a glass jar or small cocktail shaker, mix tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and grenadine together well. 2. For each drink, fill evenly among the 3 cocktails, then top with champagne/prosecco until almost full. Garnish with grapefruit or lime slices to serve.
3. Pomegranate Kombucha Mimosas (via The Real Food Doctors)
You can now ditch the sugary and artificially sweetened sodas and mixers and replace them with Kombucha, which comes in a variety of popular soda flavors.
1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
3 fresh oranges, juiced
2 bottle of Dreamy Orange LIVE Kombucha (or Kombucha of choice)
½ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Place coconut sugar in a small bowl. Slightly dampen the rim of each glass and dip into bowl of coconut sugar to coat rims. 2. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of pomegranate seeds to each glass. 3. Add juice from ½ of a freshly squeezed orange. 4. Add 4 oz. of Dreamy Orange LIVE Kombucha. 5. Top each glass with champagne or prosecco. 6. Garnish with orange peel and an orange slice.
4. Pear & Cinnamon Mimosas
To make these mimosas all you need is pear juice (use a good quality one), cinnamon and prosecco or champagne. The night before you plan to serve the mimosas, heat the pear juice then let a couple of cinnamon stick steep in it. Refrigerate it overnight and it will be full of cinnamon flavor in the morning, just in time for brunch!
1 (750ml) bottle prosecco or champagne, chilled
16 ounces pear juice, no added sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
Ground cinnamon and thin slices of pear for garnish
1. In a small saucepan heat the pear juice until it comes to a boil. 2. Once it boils turn off the heat and add in the cinnamon sticks, then cover with a lid. 3. Let it steep for 30 minutes then pour into a container, cover and refrigerate overnight or until cold. 4. For serving, fill champagne flutes half full with the cinnamon pear juice then top off with the prosecco. 5. Garnish with a pinch of ground cinnamon and a slice of pear.
5. Watermelon AguaFresca Mimosas
Maybe this watermelon-and-champagne concoction could alternatively be called a spritzer or a sparkling cocktail, but let’s just call it an Agua Fresca Mimosa. This fizzy, pink and deeply chilled refreshment brings the zest of Mexico to the brunch table.
1 small watermelon, peeled and cubed (to yield about 6 cups watermelon cubes)
Juice of 2 small limes
2 tbsp agave nectar (optional)
1 750ml bottle dry sparkling wine, chilled
1. Purée the watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the watermelon using a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Add the lime juice and, if desired, the agave nectar. 2. Mix the watermelon agua fresca with the champagne. Start with roughly equal parts of agua fresca to champagne, then tweak to your taste.
Buen Provecho! Enjoy these yummy concoctions and don’t forget to tag @eclecticvignette with pictures of your drinks and events, to share and inspire.