01 Mar Need to Try: Tahini Veggie Collard Wraps (a great low-carb alternative!)
These Tahini Veggie Collard Wraps are so easy to make and make a great low-carb alternative to tortilla wraps! You can add whatever fillings you like (including your choice of protein – tofu, beans, organic chicken, fish etc.) but this is our favorite filling combo!
1 large collard leaf, washed + stem removed 1 tbsp pure tahini
1-2 tbsp hummus* or mashed avocado
1 medium grated carrot
1/4 cucumber finely chopped
2 quartered cherry tomatoes
a few stoned olives sliced diced + grated courgette
2 sliced mushrooms
a few sliced grapes
1/2 a green pepper sliced
big handful of parsley chopped!
Quick Humus: Combine pure tahini, lemon juice and white beans, blended.
ALSO TRY: The Wonders of Basil
(SUPER EASY) STEPS:
1. Thoroughly dry the large collard leaf (make sure there are no holes in it!)
2. Spread over the hummus or mashed avocado, leaving a small border.
3. Add your vegetables! Make sure it’s a wide selection of different textures and flavors; cut to different sizes too for variety.
4. Drizzle with the pure tahini.
5. Roll up! Fold in the top and bottom first, turn on its side then fold over the bottom and roll over to the top.
6. Slice in half with a serrated knife.
For more great recipes by Heather Adamson, visit bigcitydreamer.com. This recipe was originally published by Heather Adamson in fitnessgalore.net and reprinted in the January Issue of VETTA Homes Magazine.